Welcome to Ramallah!
The International Association of Schools and Institutes of Administration (IASIA) and the Middle East & North Africa Public Administration Research Network (MENAPAR) in close collaboration with the General Personnel Council (GPC), are organizing the 2017 IASIA-MENAPAR Joint Conference to be held from 3-7 July 2017 in Ramallah, Palestine.
The conference will bring together practitioners, academics, PhD students and young researchers in public administration and management, as well as contributors from any other disciplines who will exchange on the following main theme: Public Administration’s role in building and consolidating post-conflict states.
We warmly invite you to submit your contributions on the sub-themes defined hereafter by the nine working groups of IASIA and five MENAPAR sub-themes and best practices call for contributions:
Call for papers of the nine IASIA working groups:
- I: Education and Training in Public Administration
- III: Public Sector Reform
- IV: Subnational Governance and Development
- V: Gender, Diversity and Equity
- VI: Public Sector Leadership and Governance
- VII: Public Policy, Public Decision-making and Policy Implementation
- VIII: Public Sector Human Resources Management
- IX: International Dimensions of the Public Administration
- X: Public administration’s role in building and consolidating post-conflict states
Call for papers of the four sub-themes and the best practices of MENAPAR
- Sub-theme 1: Delivering Public Administration beyond Physical and Structural Barriers: How Can Technological Innovation Support State and Non-State Actors to Better Outreach and Serve Citizens?
- Sub-theme 2: Public Management Reform Under Austerity Measures: How Can Governments Maintain their Reforms under Austerity Measures?
- Sub-theme 3: State-building Approaches and the Role of International Organizations and Donors in Shaping Local Public Administration Structures in Conflict Ridden Countries.
- Sub-theme 4: Civil Society Organizations and governments in Public Services Delivery: Cooperating or Colliding
Best Practices Call for Contributions
Submissions for MENAPAR can also be made in Arabic.
How to submit:
Please access the following link and follow the information: http://www.iasia-menapar-conference2017.org/registration-submission/
Submission of abstracts: 15 February 2017
Notification of acceptance: 3 March 2017
Final papers: 15 May 2017
The congress website is available through the link www.iasia-menapar-conference2017.org
Any information in regards to the congress will be regularly posted on the website. Keep an eye on it!