The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is an autonomous body established in 1950. Under India–Vietnam Culture Exchange Program, for the year of 2017-2018, the Government of India offers 20 General Scholarship Scheme (GSS) scholarships to meritorious Vietnamese students for pursuing graduate/ post graduate/ research studies in India. Please note that airfare is not provided for the selected students under GSS.
Please note that scholarships for medical studies for MBBS, BDS or for medical research leading to a Ph.D. degree are not offered under this scheme. In case of scholars pursuing Science courses, the expenditure on laboratory, chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves. While applying for B.E courses, the candidate must have science subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in their school-leaving certificate, a mandatory requirement for Engineering courses. Students who wish to study performing arts should enclose Video/ Audio cassettes of their records performances wherever possible.
Guidelines for applicants
- Six complete sets of application forms (properly tagged) should be submitted to the Embassy of India before 15th February 2017.
- Applications should be properly filled and sent with complete supporting documents.
- Candidate should clearly mention the course and university to which he/ she is seeking admission (Candidates can come to the Embassy and consult the “University Handbook”).
- Certified copies of all documents should be accompanied with English translations, a syllabus of the qualifying examination should be enclosed with the application.
- Students applying for doctoral/ post-doctoral courses or Architecture should include a synopsis of the proposed area of research.
- Students applying to study performing arts should enclose Video/ Audio cassettes of their recorded performances wherever possible.
- Candidates nominated should have fluent knowledge of English. (An English proficiency test will be conducted by the Embassy).
- No candidate would be nominated for MBBS/ BDS and courses related to medicine.
- Please note that while submitting applications for Bachelor of Engineering courses, the candidate must have science subjects i.e Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics in their school-leaving certificate, which is mandatory for the Engineering courses. In case of scholar pursuing Science courses, the expenditure on laboratory chemicals and other related incidental charges will be borne by the scholars themselves.
- Candidates should note that Indian University/ educational institutions are autonomous and independent and hence have their own eligibility criteria. Forwarding of applications is thus not a guarantee of admission. A scholarship is awarded only when admission is confirmed by ICCR.
- No change of course of study or university is entertained by ICCR once admission of a scholar is confirmed and the scholar has arrived to join the course.
- Scholars are advised to carry additional money to meet incidental expenditure on arrival.
- All interested candidates must obtain a certificate that they are free from AIDS prior to their departure for India. The applicant would have to go for AIDS test in India before the admission. In case any of the applicants is found HIV positive in India he/she will be repatriated immediately and ICCR would not bear any expenses on this account.
Terms & Conditions
|LIVING ALLOWANCE [Stipend per month in Indian Rupees]|
|M.Phil / Ph.D||7,000|
|HOUSE RENT ALLOWANCE (Per Month)|
|In Grade 1 cities||5,000|
|In other cities||4,500|
|CONTINGENT GRANT (per annum)|
|M/Phil / Ph.D||12,500|
|Post – doctoral studies||15,500|
|THESIS AND DISSERTATION EXPENSES (Once in entire duration of course)|
|For BBA/BCA/MBA/MCA/M.Tech and other course required submission of Project||7,000|
|Under the scheme scholars are expected to seek treatment only at medical centre or dispensary attached to universities / Institutes where they enrolled or in the nearest Government hospital||Bill are settled as admissible according to AMA/CGHS norms|