NAPA has trained tens of thousands of public officials working in different ministries, sectors, central agencies and local authorities. Many of them hold key positions in the apparatus of the Communist Party of Vietnam and the governments at all levels, making contribution to the socio-economic development of the country.
NAPA has been awarded many noble awards by the Party and State: Ho Chi Minh Order (2014) ; First-class Independence Order (2009), Second-class Independence Order (2002), Third-class Independence Order (1994), Second-class Labor Order (2019 – 2nd time).
Landmarks in NAPA’s history of development
- Establishment as School of Public Administration under the Ministry of Home Affairs according to the Decree 214-NV dated May 29, 1959, signed by the Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Home Affairs Phan Ke Toai, providing training for public officials at district level
- Renamed as National School of Public Administration according to the Government Decree 130-CP, dated September 29, 1961, providing training public officials from the grassroots to central levels
- Renamed Academy of Public Administration since May 2007 to December 2013 according to Decision 60-QĐ/TW dated May 07, 2007 by the Politburo.
- Named National Academy of Public Administration under the Ministry of Home Affairs according to Government Resolution 121/NQ-CP dated December 10, 2013.
Visits to NAPA and lecturing at NAPA by the Party and State’s leaders
- Vice Prime Minister Phan Ke Toai opening the first training course of NAPA on October 16, 2019
- Lecturing by General Secretary of the Party Truong Chinh and Mr. Hoang Quoc Viet, member of the Politburo
- Permanent Vice Chairperson of the Council of Ministers (now the Government) paying a working visit in 1983
- Prime Minister Vo Van Kiet visiting and giving direction on NAPA’s development strategy on December 13, 1996
- Prime Minister Phan Van Khai visiting and giving an important task of training public officials in the new period
- Vice Prime Minister Pham Gia Khiem attending NAPA’s 45th anniversary celebration on May 28, 2004
- Vice State President Nguyen Thi Doan launching NAPA’s new academic year on September 10, 2008
- State President Nguyen Minh Triet attending NAPA’s 50th anniversary celebration and awarding NAPA First Class Independence Order in 2009
- Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung attending the EROPA conferences hosted by NAPA in 2005 and 2014.
- State President Truong Tan Sang attending NAPA’s 55th anniversary celebration and awarding NAPA Ho Chi Minh Order in 2014
- Politburo member Le Hong Anh launching NAPA’s new academic year on September 18, 2015
- Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc, launching NAPA’s new academic year on October 18, 2017 and had a working session with NAPA
- Politburo member Nguyen Thien Nhan launching NAPA’s new academic year on October 22, 2017.
- Permanent Vice Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh paid a working visit to NAPA on April 25, 2019