AsemconnectVietnam – Digital transformation in vocational education aims to deploy vocational education activities in digital environment, promote application of information technology in management, teaching activities, teaching methods, testing and assessment, help enhance efficiency of management, expand methods and opportunities to access vocational education, create breakthroughs in quality, rapidly increase number of trainings, contribute to improving quality of skilled human resources, increasing labor productivity and national competitiveness in context of international integration.
1. Overall objectives
Digital transformation in vocational education aims to deploy vocational education activities in digital environment, promote application of information technology in management, teaching activities, teaching methods, testing and assessment, help enhance efficiency of management, expand methods and opportunities to access vocational education, create breakthroughs in quality, rapidly increase number of trainings, contribute to improving quality of skilled human resources, increasing labor productivity and national competitiveness in context of international integration.
2. Some basic indicators
a) Developing digital capacity for teachers and vocational education administrators
– Striving for 50% by 2025 and 100% by 2030 for teachers and administrators to receive additional training to improve digital capabilities, skills, and appropriate pedagogical methods to deploy training in the digital environment. .
– Striving for 50% by 2025 and 100% by 2030, teachers of vocational education institutions are trained to develop digital learning materials.
b) Innovating and developing training programs
– Striving for 70% by 2025 and 100% by 2030, output standards of training programs of all qualifications are integrated with digital capabilities, training content suitable to the digital transformation method.
– Strive for 100% of training programs specialized in information technology and digital technology to be updated in accordance with new science and technology applications.
c) Digital infrastructure, platforms and materials
– Forming a national vocational education digital foundation and a repository of shared digital resources and materials for teaching and learning activities by 2025.
– Strive for 50% by year of 2025 and 100% by 2030 colleges and intermediate schools have digital infrastructure and digital platforms to connect and exploit with national vocational education digital platform.
d) Digital management
– Strive for 100% online public services at level 4, integrated into national public service portal and integrated into public service portal and electronic information system of Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs in year 2023.
– Striving for 100% of colleges and intermediate schools by 2025, 100% of vocational education institutions by 2030 to digitize learning process, learning outcomes, vocational education diplomas of learners and connect, integrate data into the digital environment.
– 50% by 2025 and 70% by 2030, specialized examination in vocational education will be conducted through digital environment and information system of management agency.
– Forming a digital map of the network of vocational education institutions by 2025 and linking digital map of the network of vocational education institutions with authentication and information retrieval systems of vocational education by 2030.
– Strive for 100% of periodic reports and statistical reports on vocational education to be made in a digital environment and to connect, integrate and share digital data on the Government information and reporting system by 2025.
– Strive for at least 50% by 2025 and 100% by 2030 of high-quality schools to be digital schools.
II. Main tasks and solutions
1. Perfecting institutions, mechanisms and policies to serve digital transformation in field of vocational education
a) Review and perfect system of legal documents related to and specialized in vocational education to meet the requirements of digital transformation.
b) Promulgating standards on digital schools, digital infrastructure, digital practice rooms, digital textbooks, digital training programs, application of virtual reality technology, augmented reality, and mixed reality in vocational education activities.
c) Develop documents on vocational education database to ensure data connection and sharing according to regulations of the Government, Ministry of Information and Communications.
d) Having mechanisms and policies to attract organizations, enterprises and individuals to invest in, develop and build a digital ecosystem of vocational education; encourage funding and contributions, material support as well as other conditions for digital transformation of vocational education activities.
e) Research and propose policies to support teachers, learners and vocational education institutions in digital transformation of vocational education.
2. Develop training programs and contents at all levels of vocational education in line with requirements of digital transformation in the economy and international integration
a) Identify basic and advanced digital knowledge and skills for employees in digital environment; integrated into training curricula and subjects related to digital skills and information technology to provide basic and advanced digital skills for learners.
b) Develop appropriate toolkits for big data analysis. Forecasting required digital competencies and skills of industries and occupations, especially those serving the fourth industrial revolution. Updating, supplementing, editing and building new standards of knowledge and performance for professions to meet requirements of digital transformation.
c) Develop high-quality training programs, specialized occupations in information technology, digital technology to serve development of digital government, digital economy and digital society.
3. Development of infrastructure, platforms, equipment and digital learning materials
a) Digital infrastructure
– Upgrade vocational education data center and technical infrastructure to meet requirements of connecting and sharing data with national data systems on employment, social security, education and training… at request of the Government.
– Building an integrated information center (IOC) to serve management of vocational education activities located at General Department of Vocational Education.
– To increase investment in and upgrade equipment and information security systems to serve management and administration of state management agencies in charge of vocational education and vocational education institutions.
– Prioritize form of lease, public-private partnership in digital infrastructure investment, digital internship equipment, laboratories, virtual practice workshops, smart classrooms, digital learning development equipment… service for digital transformation of vocational education.
b) Data infrastructure
– Upgrading and perfecting vocational education management information system capable of synchronizing with labor market information system and vocational education database. Deploying a platform to integrate, connect and share data with national databases and information systems inside and outside field of vocational education.
– Building a large database infrastructure platform for general reports and analysis of vocational education needs, analysis of teaching and learning quality, support for enrollment and other operations.
c) Digital foundation and digital learning materials
– Prioritize form of lease, public-private partnership, hire, invest in construction and transfer of digital teaching and learning platforms in national vocational education.
– Invest in building a digital learning material platform for entire vocational education sector according to principle of combining open learning materials with building a market for exchanging learning materials. Prioritize investment and development of digital learning materials towards the application of virtual reality, augmented reality and mixed reality technologies.
4. Develop digital capacity for teachers and vocational education administrators and innovate teaching and learning methods
a) Training, fostering and updating digital knowledge and skills for teachers and vocational education administrators.
b) Focusing on training and fostering new teaching and learning methods for vocational educators, teachers in production, business and service units. Applying adaptive learning form, harmoniously combining direct teaching and learning at school with the use of technologies, digital learning materials, real devices, virtual devices, virtual classrooms. Personalize learning.
c) Develop a contingent of staff specialized in developing digital applications and digital learning materials at vocational education institutions.
5. Digital transformation of State management and school administration activities
a) Digital transformation of State management activities
– Building and upgrading online public services and management software to serve the state management of vocational education.
– Operating vocational education activities based on the information system and database of vocational education through integrated information center (IOC).
– Developing tools and implementing testing activities, quality assurance activities, and occupational skills assessment activities through digital environment and information system of management agency.
– Upgrading vocational education portal, data connection and sharing software for periodical reporting and statistical reports on vocational education and connection, integration and sharing of digital data on the Government Reporting Information System.
– Develop electronic identifiers to ensure synchronization and connection with e-government framework and the Government’s electronic identifiers.
b) Digital transformation in the administration of vocational education institutions
– Develop, upgrade and complete database in a synchronous and unified manner, ensuring connection, exploitation for information processing according to management and administration requirements.
– Digitizing school’s activities, focusing on enrollment management, training, quality assurance, program development, teacher management, student management, business connection.
– Promote quality assurance for online teaching.
– Implement assessment of learning results, assessment of vocational skills in digital environment.
6. Mobilizing resources for digital transformation of vocational education
– Prioritize funding from the State budget.
– Mobilizing investment resources, encouraging cooperation under public-private partnerships from organizations and enterprises, gradually forming a model of vocational education institutions in enterprises.
– Strengthening mobilization of support from international organizations for digital transformation of vocational education.
7. Raising awareness and international cooperation
a) Raise awareness of leaders, managers, teachers from central to local levels about important role and requirement for early implementation of digital transformation in the vocational education system in order to build, forming a digital ecosystem of vocational education, meeting needs of learners and all people in digital economy and digital society.
b) Strengthen communication and dissemination of digital transformation in vocational education through mass media and other forms and integrate it in related activities and events; focus on praising and honoring collectives and individuals with positive and effective results in management, teaching and learning from digital transformation to spreading and replicating.
c) Enhance exchange, study and share experiences on digital transformation in field of vocational education with other countries and international organizations.
8. Ensuring network safety and security
a) Implement measures to ensure network safety and security; information security management and supervision; data security, ensuring backup and recovery mechanism for servers, workstations, and related terminals.
b) Building digital infrastructure, platforms and data to ensure reliable, safe and healthy information; develop a system of platforms, infrastructure and networks associated with safety and network security, capable of self-screening, detecting malicious code attacks and providing basic protection.
c) Periodically organize inspection and assessment of safety and security levels, security holes of software and data systems, timely detect and take timely handling measures.
d) Organize a force to respond to cyber safety and security incidents.
Funding for implementation includes: State budget; investment, sponsorship from businesses, organizations, individuals, communities and other lawful funding sources, including:
1. The State budget shall comply with regulations on budget decentralization, in which integration is enhanced with relevant approved schemes, programs and plans. Ministries, sectors and localities shall, based on their assigned functions and tasks, actively allocate funds for digital transformation activities in vocational education.
2. Mobilize domestic and foreign enterprises, organizations, individuals and communities to jointly invest in and finance research and application of technology and implement digital transformation in vocational education.
3. Lawful revenue sources of vocational education institutions.
4. Other lawful funding sources.
IV. Implementation organization
1. Ministry of Labor – Invalids and Social Affairs
a) To assume prime responsibility for, coordinate with and guide ministries, branches and People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities in formulating programs and plans for implementation of the Program, and organizing the implementation of the Program; guide, inspect, supervise and summarize results of implementation; organize preliminary and final reviews of the implementation of the Program; propose and recommend the Prime Minister to adjust and supplement the Program in case of necessity.
b) Issue or submit to competent authorities documents guiding, implementing digital transformation process in vocational education activities.
2. Ministry of Information and Communications
a) To assume prime responsibility for and direct telecommunications businesses and information technology enterprises to research and develop digital infrastructure, digital platforms and unified Internet infrastructure in the national education system; ensure Internet connection to all vocational education institutions; adopt preferential policies on Internet services and information technology services for learners, teachers and vocational education institutions.
b) Coordinate with Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs in formulating and promulgating regulations on ensuring safety, security, connection and sharing of data between national databases, databases data related to vocational education database;
c) Strengthening propaganda and raising society’s awareness about digital transformation in vocational education.
3. Ministry of Finance
Assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and relevant ministries and branches in allocating regular funding for implementation of the program according to regulations in line with the State budget balance in the country.
4. Ministry of Planning and Investment
a) Guide ministries, branches and localities in formulating plans for public investment capital to implement the digital transformation program in vocational education.
a) Assume prime responsibility for summarizing and submitting to the Government and Prime Minister annual investment plan for implementation of programs and projects approved by competent authorities as prescribed; coordinate with Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and relevant ministries, branches and localities in allocating development investment capital to implement the program in accordance with law.
5. Ministry of Education and Training
Connect and share education and training data with the vocational education database.
6. Ministries, sectors and relevant agencies
a) Based on contents of the concretized program, allocate funds for implementation in annual implementation programs and plans; direct vocational education institutions under their management to implement relevant contents of the program in accordance with regulations.
b) According to their functions and tasks, assume prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in implementing the program’s contents.
c) Inspect and evaluate implementation of the program annually and in phases, summarize and report on implementation results in accordance with the program’s objectives and send it to Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs to summarize and report to the Prime Minister.
7. People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities
a) Based on contents of the program, allocate funds for implementation in the annual implementation programs and plans; direct vocational education institutions under their management to implement relevant contents of the program accordance with regulations.
b) According to their functions and tasks, assume prime responsibility for and coordinate with relevant agencies in implementing the Program’s contents.
c) Inspect and evaluate the implementation of the program annually and in phases, summarize and report on implementation results in accordance with the program’s objectives and send it to Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs to summarize and report to the Prime Minister.
Source: Vitic/ thuvienphapluat.vn