On May 29th 2018, National Academy of Public Administration organized the 59th Anniversary of NAPA.
Presented in the ceremony were Mr. Trieu Van Cuong, Vice Minister of Home Affairs; Mr. Tran Anh Tuan, Vice Minister of Home Affairs; Ms. Tran Thu Ha, Vice Minister of Home Affairs; Dr. Dang Xuan Hoan, NAPA President; Dr. Vu Thanh Xuan, NAPA Vice President; Assoc. Prof. Dr. Luong Thanh Cuong, NAPA Vice President; Dr. Nguyen Dang Que, NAPA Vice President; NAPA staff, lecturers and students.
In the ceremony, Dr. Dang Xuan Hoan mentioned the achievement of NAPA throughout out 59 years as well as the challenges and difficulties that NAPA have to face. NAPA has developed from a school of public administration which trained officials and civil servants at district level to a national leading center for training officials and civil servants at different levels, for s research on administrative sciences and public management, and for policy advisory. NAPA has trained hundreds thousand students and may of them become prominent scholars, practitioners, managers and leaders. Dr. Dang Xuan Hoan appreciated the effort of NAPA staff and lecturers in developing NAPA. He also mentioned some important tasks for NAPA in the coming time which are
- Making NAPA a training center for public administration and governance in ASEAN and Asia Pacific region;
- Capacity building for NAPA staff and lecturers to assume the tasks of training officials and civil servant, graduate training, and policy advisory;
- Renovating the training curricula, content, method, focusing on enhancement of civil servants’ competency in performing public duties ;
- Increasing the quality of research and applicability of research in practical work, especially in building a enabling, integrity public administration, serving the people,;
- Promoting international cooperation especially in training and research;
- Modernizing NAPA facilities and activities especially using informatics technology into daily operation.
- Encouraging creativity and an environment conducive to working and studying
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Trieu Van Cuong, Vice Minister of Home Affairs congratulated NAPA staff and lecturers for NAPA’s achievements He emphasized that NAPA plays an important role in improving the effectiveness of state management as well as human resource development. Mr. Trieu Van Cuong expected NAPA to renovate its teaching for training quality through learning advanced models and making them applicable into practical work. He also suggested NAPA to focus on improving of NAPA staff and lecturers who will contribute to the training quality.
On this occasion, NAPA announced the decisions on certificates of merit awarded by the Minister of Home Affairs to the units and employees having excellent performance in 2017 as well as the decisions on appointment of seven NAPA lecturers to the rank of Associate Professor.