Finland University makes it easy to find the right study choice in Finland by providing information on programmes offered at one of its member universities, including Åbo Akademi, University of Eastern Finland, University of Tampere, and University of Turku.
To support your decision to study in Finland even easier, Finland University is offering one successful applicant for the 2018 enrolment period to come to Finland and experience the country first hand!
This will include visits to Turku, Tampere and Joensuu.
We also suggest you look at the various Master’s level options below:
- Economics and business administration
- Forest sciences
- Health and biomedical sciences
- Information and communication technology
- Language studies
- Natural sciences
- Social sciences
The winner of this competition will get to experience the country first-hand. We want to help you reach your dream of studying at one of the top research universities Finland has to offer! During your trip, you’ll gain valuable insight and experience about what it’s like to study in Finland. You will get practical advice on how to move, find accommodation, and how to smoothly transition into your studies. We will also have a film crew to document your travels!
- Flight ticket from your home country to Finland and back
- Train and bus tickets from Helsinki to Finland University’s member universities in 3 cities
- Hotel accommodation for the period of your stay
- All expenses related to visas, travel insurance and daily living expenses are not included (and must be covered by the winner)
Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply, but to receive the travel grant, the candidates must be able to supply the following information and documents:
- Acceptance letter to a Finland University member university
- Have a student or tourist visa by May 2018 for their trip to Finland
Winner selection process
- The winner will be selected from the group of prospective students who take the challenge, successfully apply to a 2018 master’s programme at any of Finland University’s university partners and are accepted to study
- Once participants have been accepted, they are requested to supply Finland University a copy of your acceptance letter to be verified
Where can you study
You can choose to study in one of the four world-class research universities of Finland University. Please look at the website of these institutions to find out more.
How to Apply
Please note, participation in this challenge is NOT an application to study in Finland. Applications to Finnish universities are handled through a central website, studyinfo.fi.
- November 2017 – January 2018
- Acceptance letters will be sent out in March or April 2018
- Studies for all programs begin in autumn 2018
- In order to be eligible to apply for a Master’s level degree programme you must have completed a Bachelor’s degree from a university or an equal (minimum) three-year undergraduate degree in relevant fields of study
- Sufficient English language skills are required
- There will be programme-specific entry requirements
- You can check the entry requirements for each programme separately starting from here
Important things to remember:
- Each member university and even a programme can have different application period
- Be sure to always check the member university website for any admission requirements
- Programme-specific application requirements are presented at the member university programme web pages
- Each university offers generous scholarships for fee-paying students which you can apply for simultaneously while applying to the university