NATURAL CONDITION OF KHANH HOA PROVINCE
The name of Khanh Hoa originated since 1832 under the dynasty of Minh Mang as a result of changing Binh Hoa District to Khanh Hoa Province.
A coastal province in the south of Central Vietnam, Khanh Hoa is situated from 11042’50’’ to 12052’15’’ northern latitude, from 108040’33’’ to 109027’55’’ eastern longitude. It is bounded on the north by Phu Yen Province, on the south by Ninh Thuan Province, on the west by the provinces of Dak Lak, and Lam Dong, and on the east by the East China Sea.
The provincial capital, Nha Trang City, is 1,280 km south of Ha Noi, and 448 km north of Ho Chi Minh City.
Khanh Hoa covers an area of 5,197 sq.km, ncluding mainland and over 200 islands and archipelagoes, making it Vietnam’s twenty seventh largest province in terms of area.
The province is located in the north – south axis, , convenient for road, railway, waterway, and airway transport and is the gateway to the Central Highlands. There are a large number of major sea ports and bays, of which Cam Ranh Habor is one of the three well-known seaports with great natural conditions in the world. The geographical position is convenient for trade, exchange and transport of goods not only at home but also abroad . It is also of strategic significance in respect of defense as it is close to international marine lines, encompassing Truong Sa archipelago, Cam Ranh Habor and being a gateway to the South China Sea.
Situated at the end of southern Truong Son mountain range, Khanh Hoa’s terrain is relatively high at an elevation of around 60 km, sloping in a west-east direction. It is narrow and thin at both ends, with the widestarea of over 60 km and the narrowest area of 10-15 km. Mountainous and semi-mountainous terrain accounts for three third of the total area, with the two main deltas of Dien Khanh and Ninh Hoa. Divided by some mountain ranges, the Khanh Hoa’s delta’s terrain consists of three separate regions, namely mountainous region, delta region, and coastal region and islandss. As most of the mountains in Khanh Hoa are at a height of around 1,000 meters with very few towering mountains and linking to the Truong Son range, the province’s mountainous area is rather diverse. The mountain ranges of Tam Phong and Dai Lanh in north and north-west of the province form a natural boundary between Phu Yen Province and Khanh Hoa Province. In addition, the region has mountains with a height of above 1,000 m, such as Doc Mo, Dai Da Da, Hon Chao and Hon Chat. Mountain ranges in the middle of the province, in the districts of Ninh Hoa, Nha Trang, Dien Khanh and Cam Ranh are at a lower height with many branches penetrating into the sea, creating lots of famous landscapes associated with folk legends and the local revolutionary and historical relics of Chua Mountain, Hon Ngang, Hon Ba, Hon Cu Lao, Hon Vo, and so on.
A coastal province in south Central Vietnam, Khanh Hoa Province is marked by the tropical monsoon climate and the oceanic climate. The mean annual temperature is 26.70C. The climate of Khanh Hoa is relatively equable compared to northern provinces (from the Ca mountain pass onwards), and southern provinces (from the Da Bac Fall backwards). There are two distinctive seasons: the rainy and the sunny. The rainy season is short, lasting from September to mid-December with the peak rainy months of October and November. Average annual rainfall ranges between 1,200 mm and 1,800 mm. The dry sunny season begins in January and ends in August, with the total sunny hours of 2,600 hours per year.
Also, Khanh Hoa province is rarely affected by big storms or prolonged storms compared to other provinces.
LIST OF PROJECTS CALLING FOR INVESTMENT
I. General investment fields
1.Investment in production of personal computers, and software products.
2.Investment in production of semiconductor, electronic spare parts, telecommunication equipments, Internet, and application of new technology in manufacturing telematics equipments.
3.Application of highly technical technology, and advanced biological technology in fields of healthcare, biological fertilizers, biological insecticides, veterinary medicines, environmental pollution treatment, and waste recycling.
4.Production of kids toys, fabric weaving, improvement of textile products, and production of silk, and fabric.
5.Traditional crafts professions like carving, inlaying with mother of pearl, lacquer, stone carving, rattan, and bamboo products, carpet weaving, silk weaving, brocade weaving, embroidery, production of ceramic products, art bronze products.
6.Investment in projects that employ at least 300 laborers.
II. List of projects
1.Machines and equipments for shipbuilding industry production project
2.Composite products production project
3.High grade granite products production project
4.Manufacturing products from used Nix beads
5.Electronic equipments production and installation project
6.Production and installation of light lorries for agriculture
7.Production and installation of machine tools, and mechanical appurtenances
8.Production and installation of motorbikes spare parts
9.Garment & textile accessories, and equipments production project
10.Export garment & textile project
11.Sport facilities, and equipments production project
12.High grade civil, and industrial plastic products production project
13.School equipments, and stationary production project
14.Souvenirs, and kids toys production project
15.Handicrafts development project
16.Industrial wooden furniture production project
17.Export fruits processing project
18.Export fast food, and foodstuffs production project
19.Biological manufactured products, and micro-organic fertilizers production project
20.Industrial salt production project
21.Health materials production project
22.Cosmetics production project (using local materials)
23.High grade glass products production project
Contact information: Department of Planning & Investment
Add: 01 Tran Phu St., Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province, Viet Nam Tel: (84-58) 824243; 822428 Fax: (84-58) 812943
- Key economic zones: There are 3 key economic zones in the province
Cam Ranh Port
Located in the South, Cam Ranh port plays a very important role in terms of security, and economic development. Cam Ranh airport is going to upgrade to become an international one. After being upgraded, and extended, Ba Ngoi port will be one of the significant ports in seaports system of the southern Central. It also creates good conditions for promoting goods exchanges between Khanh Hoa, and other local, and international regions.
Van Phong Bay
Situated in the east pole of Viet Nam, and the northern of Khanh Hoa, Van Phong bay is 14 km of international water territories, and being closed to the crossing of international navigation routes. The bay covers an area of 41,000 ha of surface water at the dept of 20-30 meters. The Government has planed, and established the bay to become an international containers entrepot, and multi sectors, and general economy zone included trade, industry, and tourism. Being airtight, and safe, Van Phong international entrepot is convenient for transport by road, railway, and airway. It is able to compete with other regional containers entrepot of Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. Its potential capacity can be up to 17.5-17.8 million TEU/year. Besides, Van Phong’s climate is relatively moderate with beautiful environment, and landscapes for development of eco-tours, and aquaculture economy. On April 25, 2006, the Prime Minister issued the Decision No92/2006/QD-TTg on establishment Van Phong Economic Zone, and issuance its operation regulation. With its preferential policy, and economic development targets, Van Phong economic zone and other central key economic zones of Chu Lai, Dung Quat, Nhon Hoi will create a series of economic zones that have closely connection, and step by step becoming a growth nuclear, tourism, services, industry, and urban centers of the southern central, the central key economic zone, and a international exchanges glue.
Nha Trang bay
Being the province’s center, the Nha Trang bay has been recognized in the list of the world most beautiful bays club. With advantages of position, landscapes, climate, and its human, and historical foundation, Nha Trang city has potentialities for developing many types of tourism activities.
INDUSTRIAL ZONES OF KHANH HOA PROVINCES
Suoi Dau Industrial Zone
+ Area: 152 ha
+ Infrastructure in period I: 78,17ha
+ Infrastructure in period II: 60ha
+ Investment consultancy service + Factories construction + Bounded warehouses + Warehouses for lease + Labor recruitment, and training + Import – export service, foreign trade exchange, transportation, business management, insurance, banking, and technological transference.
+ Management consultancy. + Other services upon investors’ requests.
Invested sectors into SUDAZI
+ High technological aquatic products processing. + Processing vegetable, cashew nuts, milk products, beef, pork, and chicken.
+ Clothes, footwears, home-used plastic product, and kids toys.
+ Electrical, electronic product, high precise mechanical products. + Motorbikes installation.
+ Stationary, musical instrument, sport, and health equipments.
Ninh Thuy Industrial Park
Location: Ninh Thuy Ward, Ninh Hoa Dist., Khanh Hoa Province.
Area: 206 ha.
Leasing period: 50 years
Priority sectors: Interdisciplinary sectors, especially auxiliary industries, shipbuilding, and repairing.
+ It is convenient for domestic, and international transportation.
+ It is 45 km northern of Nha Trang city.
+ It is closed to the National Highway No 1A, and 26B.
+ It is on the southern bank of Van Phong bay
+ It is next to Huyndai Vinashin factory
+ Investment procedures were completed. Investors are implementing the infrastructure construction of the park.
Nam Cam Ranh Industrial Park
Location: Cam Thinh Dong ward, Cam Ranh town, Khanh Hoa province
Area: 233 ha.
Priority sectors: Interdisciplinary sectors
Renting period: 50 years
Located between international, trans-regional, national transport glue, the park is 20 km southern of Cam Ranh airport, 5 km southern of Ba Ngoi port, 1 km western of the National Highway No1A, and next to the National Highway No27. The industrial park was planned in details. It is now calling for investment.
Van Ninh Industrial Zone
Location: Wards of Van Thang, Van Thang, Van Ninh District, Khanh Hoa Province
Total area: 150ha
Total expected investment capital: VND 195 billions
Priority sectors: Interdisciplinary sectors
Renting period: 50 năm
+ Water supply is from Hoa Son dam with capacity of 6,500 m3/day. The province has promoted investment in the dam.
+ Electricity: The park is 50 meters of national electricity grid.
+ Transport: It is closed to the National Highway No 1A, and trans Viet railway.
Dac Loc Small & Medium Sized Industrial Park
Location: Dac Loc village, Vinh Phuong ward, Nha Trang city.
Total area: 32,177.1 ha
+ Refrigeratory industry
+ Electronic industry
+ Household industry
+ Packaging production industry
+ Processing industry (excluding processing industry of aquatic products, cattle, and domestic fowls).
Renting period: 50 years.
+ It is situated along the National Highway 1A in the northwest of Nha Trang city.
+ Located between the key transportation system, being convenient both in railway, roadway, waterway, it is 35 km of Cam Ranh airport, and 45 km of Ba Ngoi port.
+ Infrastructure services such as water supply, electricity, waste water treatment, post, and telecommunications services, banking, etc are well prepared for serving industrial park’s enterprises.
Khanh Hoa Industrial Zones Association (KHIZA)
Adress: 13B Hoang Hoa Tham Str., Nha Trang City, Khanh Hoa Province, Viet Nam
Tel: (84-58) 815170; 815171; 815172; 814131
Fax: (84-58) 815169
DEVELOPMENT RESOURCES OF KHANH HOA PROVINCE
Natural land of Khanh Hoa province covers an area of 5,197.45 km, consisting of the following main groups:
- Sandy land, and sand dunes accounts for 2% out of the total area. It is distributed in residential area, and coastal delta for growing fruit crops.
- Alluvial land is rich in nutritional elements, occupying 7.5%.
- Salty land, alum, and salty land seizing 1.5%, are suitable for salt production, and aquaculture.
- Grey, and impoverished land holds 4.6%.
- Yellow, red land, and other land groups make up 84.4% for vegetable, and industrial plants crops. It is able to reclaim for extending the area of agro-forestry land area.
Forestry land has an area of 322.4 thousand ha, accounting for 61.3%. However, forestland covers an area of 155.8 thousand ha. The rest are bare hills, and land with area of 166.6 thousand ha accounting for 31.7% out of the total natural area. The province needs to invest in exploiting this great potentiality.
Agricultural land of Khanh Hoa has an area of 74.9 thousand ha, occupying 14.2% out of the total natural area. The quantity of 67.7 thousand ha has been exploited and used. The rest of 7.2 thousand ha is able to reclaim for usage.
Natural forest of Khanh Hoa province covers an area of 155.8 thousand ha with reseves of 18.5 million cubic meters of which 64.8% is productive forest, 34% is protective forest, and 1.2% is special used forest. Productive forest has a big area, however it is mainly poor, and quite poor forest. Protective forest is mainly rich forest in high mountainous areas, and estuaries of the districts of Khanh Vinh, Vinh Son, and Ninh Hoa.
The province is rich in minerals such as peat, clay, mineral sand gold, granite stone, limestone, sand, etc of which white sand is remarkable with reserves of 64.3 millions tons. The SiO2, and Fe2O3 content in white sand account for 99.7%, and 0.015% respectively. Sand in Hon Gom peninsula (Van Ninh district) has reserves of about 1 billion tons. Clay, granite stone are of reserves of 70,000 tons, and 10 billion cubic meters respectively. In respect of mineral water there are 10 mines, distributed evenly in the area of the province. However, these kinds of minerals haven’t been exploited, and processed at industrial size. Their usage effectiveness is not very high.
Generally, rivers and lakes in Khanh Hoa province is sloping, and short. The province has about 40 rivers with length of 10 km each, creating a relatively dense system. Most of rivers are originating from southern mountain ranges, emptying into the East China Sea. Along the seashore, estuaries are 5-7 km from each other. Although the basic circulation direction of all rivers is the west – east, rivers might be wound towards other directions depending on directions of mountain ranges tectonics before emptying into the East China Sea. Particularly, To Hap River originates from western mountain ranges of Khanh Son district, running through wards of Son Trung, Son Binh, Son Hiep, Son Lam, Thanh Son, coming up to Ninh Thuan province. It is the only river of the province that runs upstream towards the west.
Khanh Hoa has the coastal line of 385 km, belonging to the seaside of the southern Central. It is the highest, and the most tortuous seashore in Viet Nam. Khanh Hoa seaside is a young. Its natural process erosion, abrasion, and consolidation have been developing strongly.
Along Khanh Hoa seashore, there are many beaches namely Nha Trang beach in the city center of length of 5 km, Tien beach in the northern city, Doc Let in Ninh Hoa district with 4 km length, and Dai Lanh in Van Ninh district with length of 2 km. Besides, a number of big, and small islets are concentrated along the seaside. It is good for organizing tourism activities, sea hunting, and recreation activities in islands. Particularly, Hoa Tre Island is a big one with many nice coral beaches such as Tru beach, Tre beach, and Bich Dam.
Khanh Hoa province has many types of seashore named sandy seashore, stony seashore, and seashore around bay, and islands. Along the seashores, there are many bays, puddles, white sandbanks of which Cam Ranh Bay, covering an area of 200 sq.km, being separated by mountain ranges, is convenient for setting up sea ports, developing aquaculture, and tourism. Nowadays, Khanh Hoa has 6 seaports of Ba Ngoi, Cam Ranh, Nha Trang, Hon Khoi, Da Tay, and Truong Sa of which Ba Ngoi one was built in 1924, Cam Ranh one was built in 1925, and Nha Trang one was built in 1927.
Total seafood reserves of Khanh Hoa province is estimated to obtain 150,000 tons, of which floating fishes account for 70% with its exploitation capacity of about 70,000 tons. Sea resources are distributed unevenly, mainly in offshore fishing ground, and fishing sites from the provinces of Quang Nam, Da Nang, to Thailand bay. On the other hand, the exploitation of fishing site around Truong Sa archipelago has contributed in economic development, and defense-security guarantee. Seawater has a relatively high salt content. That is good for concentrated salt production, and products from salt, especially industrial salt. Khanh Hoa Sea is the home of salanganes. The annually exploitation output of salanganes nests reaches 2,000 kg. It is rare, and precious specialty of the province that has made contribution not only in direct export, but also in being a precious material for processing industry of high-grade nutritional drinks.
The system of transportation, fresh water supply, electricity, telecommunications, banking, finance, healthcare, and public services of Khanh Hoa province has been developed, satisfying investors’ demands.
Situated on the national significant transport axes, Khanh Hoa province possesses the most developed transportation system in the southern central.
Inter-provincial road routes: National Highway No1A connecting northern, and southern provinces, National Highway No26 connecting Dak Lak province, and Tay Nguyen provinces.
Provincial roads: Nguyen Tat Thanh road connecting Cam Ranh airport with Nha Trang city, Pham Van Dong road linking Tran Phu road with national highway No 1A, Khanh Binh – Ninh Xuan road connecting the national highway No26 with Khanh Vinh, that all establishes thoroughly transport routes throughout the province.
The south-north railway route is running along the province, connecting the northern, and southern provinces. Nha Trang railway station is one of the main stations in the city, and convenient for transportation of goods, and passengers.
The province possesses 2 airports. Particularly, situated on the north of Cam Ranh peninsular, being 30 km of Nha Trang city, Cam Ranh airport has 4 runways with total length of 3,040 meters. It has officially put into operation since 2004. In coming times, it is upgrade to become an international airport of the region.
Being in Cam Ranh town, Ba Ngoi port is able to accommodate ships with tonnage of 30,000 tons. Its turn-round capacity is 450,000 tons/year.
Nha Trang port has the turn-round capacity of 800,000 tons/year. It will become a tourism port in the future.
Hon Khoi port has been upgraded into multi-purposes port for accommodating ships with tonnage of over 2,000 tons. It is a export goods transportation port.
Post & telecommunications
Khanh Hoa has a very good system of post and telecommunications. The provincial central post, and districts, and wards’ posts have been equipped modern technical equipments such as cable, microwave, etc to ensure thoroughly domestic, and international communication.
Post services has also been strongly developing in rural areas, far, and remote areas with many types of express mail service like EMS, DHL, and so on.
All districts have digital switchboard. Telephone network are connected to 100% of wards.
Fresh water supply factory of Nha Trang city has the capacity of 70,000 m3/day&night. All towns have water supply factories that cater fresh water demand for socio-economic development process.
Khanh Hoa has been utilized electricity source from the national 220 KV electricity grids. The province also has diezen electricity reserves, satisfying electricity demand of investors. 100% of wards, and precincts are connected to electricity.
Nowadays, Khanh Hoa province possesses 12 banks that well satisfy investment capital demand for business, and production activities for enterprises. Trade banks, network of foreign exchanges bureau, and automatic cash withdrawal have been improved, timely satisfying investors’ demands. Besides, the province also has II Finance Leasing Co., (belonging to Viet Nam Agriculture & Rural Development Bank) that implements finance leasing professional competence for investment enterprises in the area of Khanh Hoa.
In term of hospitals, Khanh Hoa General Hospital is the biggest hospital of the Central with many modern, and well-equipped medical centers.
Trade centers, and supermarkets are in Nha Trang City. The province has 230 hotels that are luxurious, courteous, and meeting international standards.
- Human resources
Khanh Hoa has the estimated population of 1.11 million people of which 42% are in working age, and 2.1% graduate from universities, and colleges. The province possesses 3 universities, colleges, 4 technical secondary schools, 3 national institutes, and other forms of vocational schools. The intellectual standards of people, and the system of education, and training ensure qualified human resources for developing a prosperous, and strong economy in the future.
INDUSTRIAL PROMOTION PROGRAM OF KHANH HOA PROVINCE IN A PERIOD OF 2016 -2020
I. Objectives of program
1. Overall objectives:
- To mobilize domestic and foreign resources to take part in investing in development of industrial, handicraft production and industrial promotion services to promote economic restructuring towards industrialization – modernization manner; creating jobs, increasing incomes and contributing to build a new countryside area; enhancing competitiveness, implementing efficiently roadmap of international economic integration.
- To support activities of industrial – handicraft production in order to promote effectiveness of investment development of industrial products, advantage professions, fields of the province, traditional products of agriculture field, countryside area.
- To encourage and support application of cleaner production into industrial manufacturing units in order to enhance effectiveness of use of natural resources, raw materials, fuel; reducing emission and limiting pollution levels; protecting and improving environmental quality, human health and ensuring sustainable development.
2. Specific objectives:
– Supporting programs:
+ To train and improve skill for 800 – 1,000 workers associating with jobs in rural industrial units.
+ To build 04 technical demonstration models of manufacturing new products or new technologies; supporting 60 – 70 rural industrial units to improve capacity of business production, transfer and application of advanced machinery and equipment; supporting 05 models of construction, renovation and upgrading of system of handling environmental pollution at industrial units in rural areas and in industrial clusters.
+ To support for raising capacity of cleaner production for over 40 industrial production enterprises; Supporting 05 – 07 industrial units to apply cleaner production into production lines.
+ To support 80 – 100 rural industrial units to take part in domestic exhibitions; supporting development and registration of trademarks and investment in product galleries for 20 rural industrial units.
+ To support to set up detailed plans for 02 industrial clusters and investing in infrastructure of 01 industrial cluster; supporting 20 – 25 industrial units causing environmental pollution to relocate business and production activities in industrial clusters.
+ To support for recognition and commendation for 80 – 100 typical rural industrial products at provincial level.
– To propagandize information more extensive on mass media on industrial promotion activities, benefits of applying cleaner production in industry.
– To improve management model and improve ability of organization and implementation of industrial promotion activities at all levels.
II. General provisions of program
1. Scope of program:
- To organize training of traditional profession under needs of industrial units to create jobs and improve skills for workers. Forms of traditional profession are mostly short-term, associating theory with practice.
- To support to raise capacity enterprise management, awareness and ability of applying cleaner production in industrial manufacturing operations through consulting, training, seminars and forums; visiting, surveying and learning experience at home and abroad. Supporting start-up and establishing enterprises of rural industrial production. Supporting to expand markets of consumption and exports of industrial products in rural areas.
- To support development of technical demonstration model; transferring technology and applying advanced machinery, scientific and technical advances into production of industry – handicraft; constructing a pilot model of applying cleaner production.
- To develop typical rural industrial products through organizing to vote typical rural industrial products. Supporting to organize fairs, exhibitions of rural industrial products, handicraft goods; support rural industrial units to take part in fairs and exhibitions. Supporting to build, register and invest in showroom to showcase, advertise products and other activities of trade promotion.
- To consult, assist rural industrial units in: setting up marketing and investment projects; management of production – finance – accounting – human; establishing enterprises; Joint venture and cooperation in trade and production; design of models and packaging; applying new technology – devices. Consulting, guiding and supporting organizations and individuals to access preferential investment policy, land policy, science and technology policies, financial –credit policies and other incentives policies of the Government.
- To provide information on industrial development policies, industrial promotion policies, market information, common experience, typical model of trade and production, cleaner production in industry, through forms : setting up television and radio programs; publishing newsletters, publications; constructing data, electronic information websites; brochures, leaflets and other forms of mass communication.
– To support joint ventures, economic cooperation, development of industrial clusters and relocation of environmental pollutants.
– To raise capacity of managing and organizing industrial promotion activities.
2. Applied subjects:
– Organizations and individuals which directly invest in industrial – handicraft productions in districts, towns, townships, communes and wards of cities type 2, type 3, wards in cities of type 1 which transfer from communes in less than 05 years, including: small and medium sized enterprises, cooperatives, household businesses which establish and operates under provisions of law (hereinafter referred to as rural industrial units).
– Industrial production units which apply cleaner production.
– Domestic and foreign organizations and individuals which participate in management and implementation of industrial promotion service activities.
3. Fields enjoys industrial promotion policies:
- Industries of agricultural – forestry – fisheries processing and food processing.
– Production of industrial products for consumption and export which substitute import items.
– Chemical industry for agriculture and rural development. Production of construction materials.
– Production of spare parts; installation and repair of machinery, mechanical, electrical – information equipment and appliances. Producing, processing detail products, semi-finished products and supporting industrial products.
– Production of handicrafts.
– Exploiting and processing minerals in regions having difficult socio-economic conditions and special difficult socio-economic conditions under provisions of law.
– To apply cleaner production in industrial production units; handling environmental pollution in industrial clusters, industrial production units in rural areas.
4. Priority principle:
a. Priority areas: given priority to programs and projects implemented in regions having difficult and special difficult socio-economic conditions under provisions of law; communes in plans of implementing national target programs on building new countryside approved by the provincial People’s Committee; difficult communes under provisions of the Prime Minister’s Decision No 1049/2014/QD-TTg dated 26/06/2014 on issuing list of administrative units in disadvantaged areas.
b. Priority industry:
- To give priority to programs and projects of supporting development of engineering, chemical industries for agriculture and rural development; industries of processing of agricultural – forestry – fisheries; supporting industries; applying cleaner production in industrial production.
- To give priority to programs and projects supporting development of typical rural industrial products; products in programs of key industrial products development; spearhead industries; key industries of the country, regions and localities; manufacturing products having export market; manufacturing labor-intensive products using local raw materials.
5. Funds, usage guidelines, content and expenditure level for industrial promotion activities of the program:
Under provisions of joint Circular No. 26/2014/ TTLT – BTC – BCT date 18/02/2014 of joint ministries: Finance – Industry and Trade on guiding process of elaboration, management and use of national industrial promotion funds and local industrial promotion fund (joint Circular No.26), Decision No. 2586/QD-UBND dated 10/02/2014 of People’s Committee of Khanh Hoa province on issuing regulations of spending levels for supporting industrial promotion activities of Khanh Hoa province (Decision No.2586) and counterpart funds of localities.
III. Content of program
1. Organizing vocational training:
1.1. Implementation content
- To support to organize vocational training courses under demand of rural industrial units: focusing on traditional industries such as processing agricultural, forestry, fishery, food products; industrial sewing, embroidery; handicrafts, souvenirs and tourism, export products and other demand of rural industrial units. Training mode is mainly short-term, associating theory and practice, linking with rural industrial units to create jobs and improve skills for employment.
- To support to organize training and retraining of improving skills, expanding production and establishing more rural industrial units. Setting up schemes of vocational training in place for careers having development potentials.
– In collaboration with vocational schools, colleges, universities and related industries to support training for specific occupations with depth technique to meet demand of investment development of rural industrial units to contribute to training plan of the province.
1.2. Expected results
To train skilled workers, improving skills associating with jobs in rural industrial units for 800 – 1000 workers.
2. Supporting to raise capacity of management, awareness and ability of applying cleaner production in industry. Supporting to expand markets of consumption, export of rural industrial products.
2.1. Implementation content
- To organize training courses, knowledge training under the following topics: business start up, general business management, human resources management, finance – accounting; marketing, intellectual property, economic integration, … matching needs of rural industrial units and in accordance with actual needs of market during integration period.
- To organize seminars, tours, surveys, introduction of trade and production experience, international economic integration, intellectual property, environment, corporate governance, new science and technologies, cleaner production… and other topics related to industrial production to exchange, research and apply to rural industrial units in the province.
- To organize training, knowledge, training conferences on cleaner production in order to raise awareness on application of cleaner production in industry, in order to help industrial enterprises have more knowledge about benefits of cleaner production to apply suitably into their units.
– To support and organize for rural industrial units to see, survey market and learn trade and production experience at home and abroad; expanding consumption and export markets of rural industrial products.
2.2. Expected results:
- To support 60 rural industrial units to perform contents of enterprises establishment; setting up trade and production plan; expanding market for product consumption…
– To organize 02 business start up classes, 03 classes of raising professional qualifications, 03 classes of training courses – seminars for 400 students from 300 rural industrial units.
– To organize 02 experience learning sessions in trade and production activities of rural industrial units in the North and the South for 10 typical rural industrial units in the province.
– To organize 04 training and retraining courses of cleaner production knowledge for 200 rural industrial units.
3. Supporting development of models of technical demonstrations, technology transfer and application of advanced machinery, scientific and technical progress:
3.1. Implementation content
- To organize to see model, conferences, seminars, forums and introduction of modern technology, machinery for rural industrial units.
- To support development of technical demonstration model of investing in production of new products, applying new technologies to encourage technological modernization and development of new industrial products in localities.
- To support pilot construction to replicate model of applying cleaner production in industry for industrial production units.
– To support transfer and application of machinery and equipment, advanced technology into industrial – handicrafts production, environmental pollution treatment; giving priority to support advantage industrial products of the province.
– To support rural industrial units to implement projects of construction, renovation, upgrading system of pollution treatment in rural industrial units and rural industrial clusters.
3.2. Expected results:
- To support 04 technical demonstration models which apply new technologies, produce new products.
– To support 60 – 70 models of technology transfer and application of advanced machines in industrial and small industrial production.
– To support 05 models of construction, renovation and upgrading of system of environmental pollution treatment in rural industrial units and industrial clusters.
– To support 05 – 07 industrial units of applying cleaner production in manufacturing.
4. To build typical rural industrial product type through organizing annual poll. Organizing fairs, exhibitions of rural industrial, handicraft goods at home and abroad. Supporting rural industrial units to take part in domestic and foreign fairs and exhibitions. Supporting development and registration of trademark and investment in showroom to showcase, advertise products and other activities of trade promotion.
4.1. Implementation content
- To support organizing fairs, exhibitions of rural industrial, handicraft products and support rural industrial units to bring products to take part in fairs and exhibitions at home and abroad;
– To support to build trademarks of products of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food, crafts, rattan …;
– To supports key enterprises to purchase, process and consume products of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, food, crafts, rattan …;
– To support investment in galleries to showcase and promote products and other activities of trade promotion;
– To support reward of rural industrial units which have typical products at district, provincial, regional, national level.
4.2. Expected results:
- To organize 02 polls and grant certifications for 140 – 160 products which meets typical rural industrial products at district level; organizing 02 polls and grant certifications for 80 – 100 products which meets typical rural industrial products at provincial level; organizing 02 polls of typical rural industrial products at provincial level to take part in a poll of typical rural industrial products at regional level and 02 polls of typical rural industrial products at national level (if any).
- To support 80 – 100 products to take part in fairs and exhibitions in the province and other provinces; organize 01 fair of rural industrial products for over 200 standard booths and more than 300 rural industrial units in south central coastal provinces.
– To support 20 products to build, register trademark products and support investment in 02 galleries of introducing rural industrial products.
5. Program of consulting, providing assistance information for rural industrial units.
5.1. Implementation content
- To support consultant activities for rural industrial units in field of investment project building, corporate governance, establishment of enterprises, joint ventures in production and business, application of new technology and equipment, designing, packaging.
– To consult organizations and individuals to access preferential policies of the central and localities in fields.
5.2. Expected results:
- To consult and assist 150 rural industrial units in preparation of investment projects, joint ventures, and associate projects; accessing to preferential policies, … Annually organizing consultancy, training of direct industrial promotion policies in rural industrial units, combining survey of demand to develop plans and content if dissemination on other mass media.
6. Providing dissemination information:
6.1. Implementation content
- To build TV programs, radio, newsletters, publications, electronic information, brochures and other forms of mass communication to provide information for rural industrial units on policies of industrial development, market information, common experience, typical production and trade model, cleaner production in industrial production.
– To organize and support rural industrial units to participate in contest, launch, exhibition in order to promote information and communication on industrial promotion activities.
– To support rural industrial units to access and exploit database on market information and enterprises advertisement.
6.2. Expected results:
– To perform 20 industrial promotion thematic programs to broadcast on radio and television of Khanh Hoa province.
- To issue 10 newsletter of industrial promotion and trade promotion of Khanh Hoa province.
– To maintain, gradually improve electronic information website of trade promotion and industrial promotion center of Khanh Hoa province.
7. Supporting joint venture, economic cooperation, development of industrial clusters and relocation of units causing environmental pollution:
7.1. Implementation content
- To support industrial units to link with satellite units of producing auxiliary items; models of linking units of traditional craft production with tourism enterprises;
– To support development of industrial enterprises clusters;
– To support setting up detailed plan of industrial clusters, supporting construction of infrastructure of industrial clusters and supporting attraction of investment and development of industrial clusters;
– To support consultant, interest rate of loans for rural industrial units causing environmental pollution to relocate in industrial parks;
– To support construction of system of environmental pollution treatment in industrial clusters.
7.2. Expected results
– To support 01 – 02 schemes of rural industrial units to establish associations, professional associations of trade and production cooperation.
-To support 02 schemes of setting detailed plan of industrial clusters, supporting infrastructure investments for 01 industrial cluster, enabling approximately 50 – 60 rural industrial units to benefit from the schemes.
8. Raising capacity of managing and organizing activities of industrial promotion:
8.1. Implementation content
- To advise competent authority to amend and supplement existing policies to suit actual situation; Issuing new policies which are strong enough to encourage and support rural industrial units developing towards sustainable manner; improving system of legal document system, effectively implementing incentive policies of the State.
- To build annual industrial promotion plan and in each period; making preliminary and final program of industrial promotion plan under direction of competent authority; organizing inspection and supervision of implementation of industrial promotion activities in the province;
- To invest in infrastructure and working facilities for a center of industrial promotion and trade promotion of the province; constructing completely model of industrial promotion activities in the province.
– To organize training courses of industrial promotion policies to staff of the State management on industrial promotion, industrial promotion collaborators (if any), some managers of rural industrial units and leader of wards, communes.
– To organize to learn experiences on industrial promotion activities in the provinces and cities for the State managers of industry, industrial promotion.
8.2. Expected results
– To organize 02 professional training class of the State management on industrial promotion for staff working in industrial promotion, industrial promotion collaborators (if any) in the province.
- To organize 08 courses of training industrial promotion policies for officials working in industrial promotion, industrial promotion collaborators (if any) and some rural industrial units and some investors which have ideas of investing in industrial production in rural areas.
- To organize 02 missions of visiting, learning experience in the State management of industrial promotion in the North and the South for leaders, industrial promotion staff of districts, towns, cities and some rural industrial units.
- Every year, performing well a frequency content of programs such as constructing industrial promotion plan, preliminary-summarizing program, plan and advisement of amending and supplementing policies of industrial promotion … Especially, frequent inspecting and supervising implementation of industrial promotion activities in management areas.
IV. Expenditure for implementation of plan:
1. Total funding for the program: VND 97.11 billion, out of which:
– National industrial promotion fund: VND 4,220,000,000
– Local industrial promotion fund: VND 12.89 billion
– Reciprocal capital of beneficiaries: VND 80 billion
2. Annual fund for implementation of the programs: attached table
V. Some solutions of implementing programs
1. Solutions of enhancing the State management on activities of industrial promotion:
- To strengthen propaganda and dissemination of policies of encouraging rural industrial development; Regularly updating and through mass media, conveying information on situation of industrial production in area, information about new policies, information about application of technical advances and new technologies … for rural industrial units. Raising awareness of cadres and people about position, important role of industry – handicraft development. Especially, making rural industrial units to know operation contents and policies of industrial promotion program, thereby, actively participating in, and enjoying supporting policies to develop production and trade of their units, contributing to speed up industrialization and modernization of agriculture and rural areas.
- To strengthen guidance, inspection and supervision of implementation of industrial promotion activities, creating breakthrough to promote sustainable development of rural industry.
– To regularly review issued mechanisms and policies; reviewing correctly existing problems and shortcomings in actual implementation of mechanisms and policies; on that basis, advising competent authorities to adjust, supplement and perfect.
- To gradually completing reform of administrative procedures, proceed to perform administrative services through network at level 3 (organizations and individuals perform online procedures) for procedures and dossiers of suggesting industrial promotion support, in order to more and more organizations and individuals to be beneficiaries of industrial promotion policies according to objectives of the program.
2. Solutions of improving the State management apparatus on industrial promotion:
- To organize training and raising capacity of the State management staff on industrial promotion, staff and officers of public service organization and industrial promotion collaborators (if any) in direction of professionalization; studying, proposing the Provincial People’s Committee on model of industrial promotion activities in the province.
- To strengthen inspection, monitoring and evaluation of industrial promotion activities in each quarter, each year and each period, on basis of which, drawing lessons and outlining measures in order to gradually improve performance of apparatus of the State management on industrial promotion.
3.Solutions of integrating industrial promotion with implementation of other target programs:
In process of using funds for supporting activities of industrial promotion, it should combine with supporting fund of other programs such as national target program of new countryside construction, vocational training program for rural labor, program of rural professional development… to create a strong enough supporting policy system to encourage and attract funds from organizations, individuals and entire society for investment in development of rural industry.
4. Solutions on human resource, product consumption markets and science – technology:
- Human resources: organizing course of training and fostering in-depth knowledge of corporate governance for the State management staff; training and retraining vocational technical staff for rural industrial units under hands-on method (form of vocational transfer in rural industrial units).
- On market: supporting market access through information tasks, marketing, trade promotion, demonstration of products; supporting rural industrial units to take part in fairs and exhibitions inside and outside the province; supporting trademark building, registration of patent protection for rural industrial units; especially, facilitating rural industrial units to participate in area –region affiliate program of production and consumption.
- Scientific and technological solutions: Encouraging enterprises, rural industrial units to research, apply scientific and technical progress and technological innovation. Giving priority to support rural industrial units on technological innovation and application of advanced technologies, application of advanced machinery into industrial – small scale industrial production, waste management, and environmental pollution treatment in rural industrial units; accelerating implementation of program of cleaner industrial production.
5. Solutions of enhancing operation coordination of the State authorities with political – social – professional organizations to effectively implement industrial promotion activities in the province:
To develop and implement well content, program of coordinating industrial promotion activities between Department of Industry and Trade with political – social – professional organizations in the province such as Farmers Association of the province; Cooperative Alliance of the province; Women’s Union of the province; science and technology union of the province; association of young entrepreneurs of the province…
VI. Organizing implementation
1. Department of Industry and Trade:
- A permanent body to help Provincial People’s Committee to organize and deploy implementation of the program. Functioning as the main implementer, in collaboration with Department of Planning and Investment, Department of Finance to develop plans and estimate annual local industrial promotion expenditure for implementation of program to submit competent authority for approval.
– In collaboration with related departments, agencies and district People’s Committee of districts, towns and cities to guide implementation of industrial promotion program.
- Shall functions as the main implementer, develop industrial promotion projects which use funds of national industrial promotion to report provincial People’s Committee and MOIT for consideration and decision.
- To coordinate with departments, agencies to guide People’s Committee of districts, political- social – professional organizations to organize implementation of the program; organizing to supervise, monitor, settle complaints and denunciations in industrial promotion activities in the province.
- Center of industrial promotion and trade promotion of Khanh Hoa province is a inaugurated unit under Department of Industry and Trade which is responsible for implementing industrial promotion activities under programs, plans approved by the Provincial People’s Committee. Using effectively industrial promotion fund and fully implementing reporting, accounting and payment regime according to regulations of the State.
– Department of Trade and Industry is responsible for monitoring and inspecting annual implementation situation of the program; synthesizing to report Provincial People’s Committee and Ministry of Industry and Trade performance of the program as prescribed.
2. Department of Finance:
To balance the budget, advising to arrange funding for industrial promotion program; at the same time, in collaboration with Department of Trade and relevant agencies to guide, inspect and supervise implementation to ensure effectiveness.
3. Other related departments and agencies:
Basing on assigned functions and tasks, in collaboration with Department of Industry and Trade in organizing implementation of the program.
4. People’s Committee of Districts:
- To disseminate the Central Government and the province’s mechanisms and policies of industrial promotion to beneficiaries in the province.
– Shall function as the main implementer, in collaboration with Department of Industry and Trade to disseminate, guide, direct, control and supervise departments, People’s Committees of communes, wards and towns in the locality to implement program of industrial promotion.
- To develop, organize to implement annual plans, schemes of industrial promotion under contents of industrial promotion as specified in this Decision and guidance of Department of Trade and Industry.
– To organize and mobilize resources, integrating projects of the province’s target program, program of socio-economic development with industrial promotion schemes under this Program to implement.
– To fully implement periodic reporting regime as prescribed.
5. Radio and television station of Khanh Hoa province, Khanh Hoa newspaper, radio and television stations of districts and other public information mass media:
To regularly inform and propagandize mechanisms and policies of encouraging rural industrial development;
To introduce, assess situation, result of industrial promotion activities in the province on contents of technical demonstration model, model of application of advanced machinery into industry – handicraft production, model of cleaner production application, model of good production and trade, successful business …; coordinating with Department of Trade, People’s Committee of districts and rural industrial units in implementing effectively industrial promotion topics on television, contributing to implementation of information and communication, creating motive force to boost industrial promotion activities in the province and sustainable development of rural industrial units.
In process of implementation, if any problems arise, departments, agencies and People’s Committee of all levels reflect to Department of Trade to report to Provincial People’s Committee for adjustment and supplementary.
KHANH HOA PROVINCE’S OVERALL PLAN ON SOCIO-ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT BY 2020
I. Development viewpoints
- Overall plan on socio-economic development of Khanh Hoa province to 2020 to ensure conformity with principles of common strategy on socio-economic development of the wholly country, central region, build Khanh Hoa province become a center of south central region and central highlands, ensure relationship between economic growth and proper settlement of social issues, especially employment, reduce poverty rate, make well tasks of nationality and religion; between economic development with ensuring security, defense, strengthening political system, public administration and protecting environment.
- To accelerate economic growth, restructure economic toward industrialization and modernization; form industry and services having high productivity and high added value, dynamic development region of the province; improve quality, efficiency and competitiveness of the economy.
- To eevelop socio-economic on basis of promoting strength and advantages of the province; mobilize maximum internal resources coupling with attracting strongly external resources, especially capital investment, science – technology and market development. Encourage all economic sectors to develop production and business.
- To invest in developing comprehensively, combining acceleration of urbanization and rural development; reduce development disparities between regions in the province.
- To implement a strategy for human development, improve people’s knowledge and quality of human resources; constantly improve and enhance people’s living, especially people in mountainous areas and other policy beneficiaries.
II. Development goals
1. Economic development
- To sustain and accelerate economic growth higher than average level of the whole country. GDP growth rate in a period of 2006 – 2010 is approximately 12% per year, in a period of 2011 – 2015 is approximately 12.5% per year, in a period of 2016 – 2020 is approximately 13% per year. Total GDP of the province (constant prices in 1994) reaches VND 13,226 billion in 2010; reaches VND 23,834 billion in 2015 and reaches VND 43,913 billion in 2020. GDP per capita (current prices) reaches VND 19.477 million in 2010, reaching VND 32.777 million in 2015 and reaches VND 56.71 million in 2020.
- Economic structure shifts rapidly towards increase proportion of services and industry. Economic structure in 2010 is industry – construction 43.5%, agriculture – forestry – fisheries 13%, services 43.5%. In 2015 : industry – construction 45%, agriculture – forestry – fisheries 8%, services 47%. By 2020: industry – construction 47%, agriculture – forestry – fisheries 6%, services 47%.
- Rate of mobilization into the State budget in a period of 2006 – 2010 is approximately 22% of GDP, in a period of 2011 – 2015 is approximately 22-23% of GDP, in a period of 2016 – 2020 is approximately 24% of GDP. – Export turnover increase on average by 18% in a period of 2006 – 2010, an increase of 15-16% in a period of 2011 – 2020. Strive to 2010, export value reaches $ 1 billion and by 2020, about USD 3.2 – 3.5 billion. Total amount of investment capital in a period of 2006 – 2010 reaches 38-40% of GDP, in a period of 2011 – 2020 is approximately 40-45% of GDP.
2. Social development
- Rate of population growth in a period of 2006 – 2010 is 1.6 to 1.7%, in a period of 2011 – 2020 is 1.4 – 1.5%. Create jobs, reduce unemployment in urban area to 4.2% by 2010 and to below 4% in 2020, raise rate of used working time in rural areas. – Strive to 2020, urbanization rate reaches about 68.5% – 70%, percentage of non-agricultural labor is about 70%; GDP per capita, economic structure and social – economic infrastructure reaches standards urban area level I.
- To promote national programs on culture, health, raise quality of education, complete secondary school. Socialize education, strengthen investment for school system, diversify forms of training. Improve quality of workforce, increase proportion of trained workers in 2010 reaches about 40%; in 2020 reaches about 60-70%. By 2010, 80% of trained labor have jobs; rate of poverty household below 3%.
3. Environmental protection
- To prevent effectively environmental pollution, preserve marine and coastal area environment for tourism development. Improve environmental quality, ensure water sanitation and by 2010, approximately 96% of population use clean water, collect and process 100% of household waste, manage and handle 100% of hazardous industrial, medical waste. Conserve and use raditionally natural resources, protect biodiversity. Enhance education, raise awareness about environmental protection. Strengthen environmental management.
III. Development orientation of fields and key products
1. Tourism development
- To develop tourism become an economic sector having significant contribution to economic development of the province. Maintain average growth rate of tourism revenue of 16 % per year, average growth rate of tourist of 10% per year.
- To develop strongly international tourism, take international travel as a driving force of domestic tourism and service sector development. Diversify tourism products, which focus on Cham cultural tourism and Sa Huynh culture; recreation and sports tourism, weekend travel; landscape and coastal tourism, winter vacation tourism; ecotourism; travel associating with conferences and seminars. Promote marketing of tourism, construct and advertise tourism brandname of Khanh Hoa to the world market, looking to expand to new markets. Focus on investment in Nha Trang, Van Phong, Cam Ranh, … some international tourism areas, having capability of competing with some major tourism centers of neighboring countries. Invest in develop synchronously system of tourism infrastructure, services. Organize tourist routes and link tourist routes of the province with the country’s tourist routes. Gradually raise standard of tourism to reach international level.
2. Development of services
- To mobilize all ability and resources to develop service sectors. Average growth rate of services sector in a period of 2006 – 2010 is 13.8% per year, in a period of 2011 – 2015 is 13.1% per year, in a period of 2016 – 2020 is 12.8% per year. In which, focus on developing following key services: – Transport services: construct Van Phong international container transit port to be able to receive container ships of 4,000 – 6,000 TEU. Have capacity to load and unload 500 thousand TEU in a period before 2010, reaches 1.0 million TEU in a period after 2010 and reaches 4.5 million TEU in 2020. Expand and upgrade Cam Ranh airport into an international airport, can receive 1 million visitors in 2010 and about 2 million passengers in 2020.
- Trade and import-export business: develop trade, gradually modern to ensure circulation of goods fast, convenient, stimulate development of production. Focus on strengthening commercial network in the wholly region. Encourage all economic sectors trading under market mechanism and legal regulations. Construct modern shopping –service center in Nha Trang and Cam Ranh. Perfect network of markets, especially markets in Nha Trang city and districts. regional markets in western city of Nha Trang. Build in each district 1-2 central and area markets, complete market system in rural areas. Regarding exports, move towards increasing processed industry products having high added value. Research to construct a international trade center in Nha Trang.
- Other service industries such as finance, banking, insurance, consulting services, information technology and software, research and transfer of scientific, technical, material and technical service supply for agricultural production…
3. Industrial development
- To develop industry with high and stable pace. Annual average growth rate under added value in a period of 2006 – 2010 is 14%, in a period of 2011 – 2020 is 14.6%. Industrial structure shift toward focusing on develop eight groups of products: aquatic products processing, agricultural processing, forest product processing and production of handicrafts; mineral processing and mining, production of construction materials; textiles, garment accessories, shoes, beer, mineral water and soft drinks; mechanical engineering, electronics, ship building and repair; information technology and other industries . Develop vigorously rural industries, traditional handicraft. Encourage business to renovate technology, improve management skill, increase rate of processed industrial products and increase value of products.
- From now to 2010, establish five industrial zones in area: Suoi Dau, Ninh Thuy, South Cam Ranh, North Cam Ranh, Van Ninh. a number of small and medium –sized industrial zone having scale of 40 – 50 hectares such as: fishing logistics service zone in north Hon Ong and Dac Loc industrial park in Nha Trang city, Phu Dien industrial zone in Dien Khanh district and Ninh Xuan industrial zone in district of Ninh Hoa, Song Cau industrial zone in Khanh Vinh district.
4. Agriculture – forestry – fishery and disaster prevention
- Agriculture: invest in develop agriculture towards diversification of crops and livestock; associated processing industry with consumption market, in accordance with actual conditions of the locality. Restructure agricultural economy towards raising proportion of production value of livestock industry, increase types of advantage agricultural commodities of the province. Ensure demand on food for local consumption and tourist.
- Forestry: in 2010, the province has 231,812 hectares of forests, accounting for 44.6% of total natural land area. Care and protect existing forests, newly planting, regenerate, nurture and rational exploitation of forests.
- Fisheries: continue to invest in aquaculture, fisheries breeding development and development of offshore fishing; promote rate of progress of construction of fishery infrastructure. Incorporates closely bwetween exploitation development and fisheries resources protection. By 2010, exploitation output reach 100-110,000 tons, output of livestock, cultivation reaches 30-35,000 tons. An area of breeding, aquaculture is about 5,000-5,500 ha.
- Disaster prevention: increase investment in facilities and equipment to do well disaster forecast, warning, modernization of search and rescue equipment, overcome consequences of natural disasters. Invest in planting mangroves, forests against fly sand, sea and river dykes, drainage systems.
5. Infrastructure construction
+ Maritime and inland waterways: build Van Phong international container transit port in Dam Mon lagoon; upgrade and expand Ba Ngoi port , develop port, packing of inland waterways , develop fleet of maritime transport and inland waterways.
+ Road: to improve and upgrade national highway 1A passing through the province to reach plain technical standard grade I. Expand road from Co Ma pass to Dam Mon become 4 lanes road. Transfer national highway 1A in Cam Ranh town to west of the town. Construct road linking town of Cam Ranh with Cam Ranh peninsula and road from Cam Ranh airport to Nha Trang city (04 lines). Improve and upgrade national highway 26 passing through the province to reach standard of plain road level I. Upgrade provincial roads 1A, 1B, 2, 3, 4, 4B, 5, 6, 7, 8B, 9 to reach standard of road level IV. Upgrade number of district roads, communal roads to become inter-district roads, inter-communal road. Develop modern urban transport networks together with develop rural transportation networks. Construct bus station in downtown of districts and urban area.
+ Railways: to renovate and upgrade Thong Nhat railway and stations in the province. Research towards Nha Trang railway station will be used for passenger service, build a new station in Vinh Luong ( Nha Trang ) for cargo. Build railway linking Van Phong international transit port with Thong Nhat railway, construct railway stations in Tu Bong and Van Gia. Renovate and upgrade railway from Ba Ngoi to Nga Ba station and connect with Thong Nhat railway. Research on construction of a new railway station in Cam Nghia commune.
+ Airways: continue to build and upgrade Cam Ranh airport become international airports.
- Electricity supply:
+ Standardize distribution network; improve quality of electricity and scope of electricity supply. Research and develop clean energy (wind, geothermal, solar). Continue rural electrification program; By 2010, 100% of communes and 90-95% of households use electricity from national grid. For communes in sea island region, invest and develop small hyower, use solar energy, wind power. Invest in developing electricity supply for Van Phong, Cam Ranh economic zones.
- Water supply, waste treatment and environmental sanitation:
+ To focus on building completely works under construction; repair, upgrade and solidify existing works. Build more new works, pay attention to link reservoirs, dams and pump stations to make most of natural water sources, improve efficiency of water use. Complete and step by step solidify irrigation system. Build drainage systems, dikes to prevent salt water.
+ To invest in building water supply systems from Hoa Son lake to Van Phong Bay, from Suoi Dau lake and Cam Ranh lake for Nha Trang area and north of Cam Ranh town, consider plan of working with Phu Yen province to have large-scale water supply source from basin of Ba river. On water supply: By 2010, reach clean water standards : Nha Trang city : 150 liters / person / day, night; Cam Ranh town: 120 liters / person / day, night; towns: 100 liters / person / day, night; rural residential area: 60 – 80 liters / person / day, night. Upgrade Vo Canh water plant to 100,000 m3/day, night.
+ For districts of northern areas: invest in building a key number of irrigation and water supply such as: reservoirs of Hoa Son, Tien Du, Ta Ruc, Can river, Dong Dien Nam; water irrigation system after hyower of Ekrongru.
+ For area of Nha Trang, Dien Khanh: complete construction of Suoi Dau lake, continue to build reservoirs of Dac Loc. + For district of southern region: invest in upgrading Cam Ranh water plant to 6,000 m3/da, night. Construct Cam Ranh Thuong lake and No. 2 water plant with capacity of about 24,000 m3/day and night.
+ To develop rural water supply; by 2010, 100% of inner city residents and 90% rural population will have clean water.
- Water drainage and collection, treatment of waste: + Build sullage pit. Dirty water of Nha Trang, Cam Ranh town, towns and townships were collected to centralized treatment station to process before discharging. + Depend on nature of each region to take measures to handle its own waste. Garbage is handled in sanitary landfill. – When plan to construct urban, residential area, land for adequate expansion and construction of cemeteries, graveyards.
- Post – telecommunications, radio – TV: + Modernize information network across the province; perfect network of communications in coastal and islands area. By 2010, average rate from 32 – 35 telephones per 100 persons; by 2020, reach an average rate of 50 telephones per 100 persons. Invest and upgrade telephone exchange. Develop new types of services. Modernize radio – television technology. By 2010, 100 % commune are covered radio – television waves and 100% of communes and wards have television and radio stations.
6. Develop social sectors.
- Population and labor:
+ Population development: continue to promote population – family planning. Along with economic restructuring, combining with relocating reasonable residents, rate of urban population increases to 59-60% in 2010 and 68.5 – 70% in 2020. + Create positively jobs for workers in both urban and rural area, in which, pay attention on trained labor.
– Education and training:
+ By 2010, development structure, scale of pupil in each school level as follows: elementary 52%, junior 30-35%, high school 12-15%. 100% of communes have kindergartens, 68% of children from 3-5 years old come to kindergarten, 98% of children of 5 years old come to kindergarten, 99% of children of 6-11 years old come to primary school, 85% of children of 11-15 years of age come to secondary school, 58% of children of 16 – 18 years old come to high school, eradicate illiteracy for older subjects. By 2010, 40% of secondary school implement teaching of information technology in schools and connect to Internet ; to 2020, those indicators are 80%.
+ To invest in developing school system, build solidly, upgrade and modernize facilities and equipment of schools towards meeting national standards. Invest in expanding professional practice technical centers in provincial and district levels to serve vocational education for high school pupils. Consolidate provincial ethnic schools. Utilize facilities of schools to open classes, create favourable conditions for all children of ethnic minorities, remote, difficult areas to continue learning. Renovate and newly construct continuing education centers. Establish community learning centers in wards and communes; to 2010, 50% of wards and communes have this type of center.
+ To increase investment, expand vocational training. By 2010, percentage of trained workers reach 35%; by 2020, this proportion reaches 50-55%. By 2010, approximately 80% of trained labor have jobs.
+ By 2010, 80 % of civil servants are trained and retrained to improve their professional skills. Every year, 20-30% of local government officials are trained and fostered to raise political theory, knowledge of the State management, laws, professional, information technology.
+ To upgrade technical high school into Khanh Hoa technology college. Invest in equipment and facilities for schools of health, economy, culture and arts. a school of technical workers in Cam Ranh, Khanh Hoa technical shool. Invest in upgrading vocational training centers in districts. Establish job service centers. Enhance socialization work in field of education – training.
- Health and protect people’s health:
+ To strengthen and improve basic health care network, enable all people to access and provide health services. By 2010, 100% of city, districts and towns have health centers which are upgraded, construct newly with appropriate scale; 100% of communes, wards have clinic area which were built solidly, have enough necessary equipment for examination and treatment, 100% of wards and communes have medical stations which were built in national standard model, 100% villages, neighborhoods have medical staff.
+ In 2010, reach 8 doctors and 1.5 pharmacists /10,000 people, rate of malnourished children under 5 years old is below 10%; hospital beds reaches 24 beds /10,000 people. Reduce morbidity and mortality due to infectious diseases; control diseases to the lowest level. Prevent and manage effectively social diseases, occupational diseases and accidents.
+ To construct provincial hospital with scale of 700 beds; study and construct new hospitals of obstetrics, children’s hospital, hospital of traditional medicine, eye hospital, hospital of long beach tourism; international quarantine center, center of environmental health and occupational diseases; invest in upgrading hospitals of dermatology, tuberculosis, mental , hospital of Cam Ranh, Ninh Hoa hospital; upgrade provincial specialized hospitals; research to construct new provincial health schools, upgrades medicine university. 100% of districts have teams of preventive medicine and teams of protecting mothers, children health and family planning which have enough needed equipment. Strengthen socialization work in health sector.
- Culture – information, sports:
+ To develop basic cultural movement, perform well movement of “all people to build cultural life” ; extend forms of cultural services. Diversify types of cultural information activities. Implemen cover of television program in the province. Increase number of hours broadcast and quality of programs of Khanh Hoa radio – television.
By 2010, 95% of bodies reaches culture standard, 100% of residential areas are covered radio – television, 60% of villages, hamlets have basis information cultural house which meets national standards, 80% of communes, wards and towns have basis information cultural house which meets national standards. By 2020, 100% of the villages, hamlets, communes, wards and towns have basis information cultural house. By 2010, build a center of culture, information and exhibition in Nha Trang. Enhance socialization of cultural – information activities.
+ To develop mass sports. Construct and develop specific sport of the province, invest and develop gradually high achievements sports. Develop and plan facilities and infrastructure to serve cause of sport. Enhance socialization work in field of sport.
- Science – technology, environment protection:
+ To promote and apply effectively science – technology programs, apply advanced technique and tansfer technology. Develop mechanisms and policies to encourage research, application of advanced scientific and transfer new technology. Use commonly technology, equipment, electronic, IT in leadership, management, education – training. and develop business and service of several products in fields of electronics, informatics, new materials, new energy, biotechnology…
+ To develop sustainable ecological agriculture. Protect and enrich existing natural forest, plant new forests and scattered trees. Aquaculture area expansion must conform with general economic development plan of the province. Control use and handling of chemicals that contain elements causing environmental pollution in agriculture – forestry – fishery. Have a master, rational plan to use water resources. Supervise regularly, strictly measures of waste water treatment, waste. Develop closed production models VAC, RAC; focus on treating agricultural wastes. Enhance environmental management and protection of biodiversity. Inherit and promote efficiency pilot project of Vietnam sea preservation zone – Hon Mun project.
- To combine economic development with ensuring security and defense, build strong political system: Incorporate closely between socio – economic development and consolidate national defense – security and foreign affairs, build national defense posture, the people’s security posture, people defend border. Coordinate closely, synchronously between military agencies, border guards, police and other departments, branches and the people to form genral power, build strong political province, rich in economy, strong on national defense – security. Concentrate on building a strong political system, strengthen socio- economic , culture, defense and security.
IV. Development orientation under territory.
1. Develop urban systems and rural residential areas.
2. Key development investment.
- Nha Trang city area and its vicinity.
- Van Phong International transshipment port and Van Phong general economic zone.
- Cam Ranh economic zone.
V. Programs and projects given priority to research and invest (Appendix)
VI. Some major solutions to implement plan
1.Build strong administrations at all levels
To accelerate administrative reform, raise ability of staff, civil servants and clearly define powers of agencies at all levels, enhance administrative discipline, fight against bureaucracy, corruption, waste coupling with ensuring ownership of the people; improve efficiency of socio-economic management of all authorities level, create a favorable environment to attract resources for development investment.
2. Mobilize investment capital
Needs of the province’s investment capital in a period of 2006 – 2020 is huge comparing with resources and balance ability of the province and support of central authority; therefore, the province should propose plan of mobilizing capital for each period, arrange and — projects given priority on investment research, phase investment reasonable and have specific, practical solutions in order to attract investment capital, ensure implementation of established objectives.
- For the State budget: Beside investment capital resource for central authorities’ projects, the province use supported central budget capital to focus on building essential socio – economic infrastructure, including irrigation and water supply, expand rural roads, electricity grids. – Within framework of legal documents on land, have appropriate measures to raise maximum capital from land fund for urban development, industry – small scale industry.
- For external sources: Along with doing well tasks of attracting foreign direct investment, should take advantage of ODA capital for investment in key programs and projects, given priorities for rural infrastructure, pay attention to invest in poor and disadvantaged areas. – Adopt mechanisms and policies to mobilize and encourage all economic sectors to invest capital in economic development, especially development of production and business in rural areas. – Promote socialization of education and training, health, culture – information, sports, mobilize all social resources for development investment in these fields.
3. Plan solution
To put plan work into order, became effective tool of the State in managing economy. Implement decentralized work on plan formulation, appraisal, approval, implementation and monitoring. Implement investment under plan, consistent with ability to balance capital and other resources.
4. Renew, restructure and develop economic sectors
To implement well enterprise law; overcome difficulties of enterprises; reorganize and renovate production, business for the State-run enterprises. Study, issue some preferential policies to develop a number of key industries and sectors having potential advantage; improve industrial development policy, create a favorable environment to attract investors. Encourage and support, especially support legal framework to ensure fairness for development of non- State enterprise.
5. Policies of sciences – technology and environmental protection
To promote application of science – technology in industry, agriculture, construction and services; improve quality of training, technology transfer, efficient use of scientific – technical staff. Attach importance to environmental protection and ecological balance, ensure sustainable development of socio-economic.
6. Policies of developing human resources
To appreciate work of education – training, improve people’s knowledge; having plans to train workforce in line with development orientation production and business; create motive force to encourage employee promoting health power, intelligence to improve working efficiency. Construct plan, training plans to gradually improve quality of cadres, the State employees. There are policies to attract high-quality labor resources from other provinces to work in the province.
7. Strengthen cooperation with other provinces and expand markets
To enhance economic cooperation with local authorities in the country, especially Ho Chi Minh city and central provinces, central highland provinces, form specific mechanism in accordance with regulations of laws to call investors come to Khanh Hoa province; build programs on mobilize ODA and FDI to prioritize investment in urban and rural infrastructure development, health, education, poverty reduction and hunger alleviation. Pay attention on expanding domestic and foreign markets. Improve quality, renovate product design, increase competitiveness and develop firmly market; pay more attention to build and advertise brandname of goods and services which have potential to develop.
8. Organize to implement
To widely publicize approved plan; research, implement plan comprehensively and synchronously; build plans to implement plan to achieve high results and efficiency; regular –s to propose adjustment of the plan as necessary.
List of development programs and projects given priority on investment research
I. Program of developing and constructing projects under plan orientation international transit port area of Van Phong and general economic of Van Phong.
1. International transit port area of Van Phong
2. General economic area of Van Phong
II. Program of developing and investing projects under plan orientation of economic zone of Cam Ranh.
1.Cam Ranh Thuong water factory and urban water supply systems
2. Upgrade and improve Cam Ranh airport. 3. Internal road system in north Cam Ranh peninsula. 4. Upgrade Ba Ngoi port and fishing port of Cam Ranh. 5. Renovate and upgrade power supply system of Cam Ranh. 6. Urban drainage system in Cam Ranh.
7. Construct fence, protect and relocate military works in north Cam Ranh peninsula. 8. Industrial zones of Cam Thinh Dong and Ba Ngoi 9. Upgrade export seafood processing plants of Ba Ngoi 10. Ba Ngoi factory of ship building and repairing 11. construction glass factory of Cam Thuan. 12. Cam Thinh Dong factory of producing shrimp, fish feed . 13. Export garment and footwear factories 14. Commercial concrete plant of Cam Thinh Dong 15. Agricultural processing, can factory of Cam Thinh Dong. 16. Cam Ranh Shipyard. 17. Cam Ranh Cement Factory.
18. Sea entertainment – tourism center of Bai Dai 19. Trade – an international conference center in north Cam Ranh Peninsula. 20. Green landscape and amusement parks area 21. Ecological tourism zone of Cam Lap.
22. Improve beach area at 4 km Cam Ranh. 23. Upgrade hot water bathroom service in Ba Ngoi. 24. Regional trade – service centers in Cam Ranh town. 25. Tourism Information center at Cam Ranh airport. 26. Tourism business high school in Nha Trang. 27. Tariff and non tariff trade area in Van Phong. 28. Exhibition and conference center. 29. Trade Center – retail supermarket.
30. Retail trade system, duty free shops at airport of Cam Ranh. 31. General trade zone in a district of Ninh Hoa, Cam Ranh town. 32. Project of producing seed shrimp in Cam Loc, scale of 1,000 ha. 33. Project of breeding high tide shrimp in Cam Hai Dong, scale of 30 ha. 34. Project of breeding aquatic products Cam Hai Dong, scale of 40-50 hectares . 35. Project of breeding industrial shrimp in Cam Thinh Dong hectares, scale of 390 ha. 36. Project of developing offshore fishing. 37. Renovate and build new network of vocational training schools. 38. Upgrade clinics in new townships. 39. Renovate and construct ward, communal medical centers. 40. Construct new residential areas in urban area. 41. Construct communal centers. 42. Build centre garden in Cam Ranh town and playgrounds in wards, communes. 43. Build network of regional markets and markets in wards and communes.
III. Program of developing infrastructure and investing in constructing expanded city of Nha Trang. 1. Transportation projects. 2. Projects of constructing new urban areas in expanded area of city of Nha Trang. 3. Project of clean water supply in urban and rural area . 4. Projects of constructing trade and service centers. 5. Projects of social infrastructure.
IV. Program of developing high quality human resources. V. Continue to implement programs of economic development in mountainous region of Khanh Hoa province in a period of 2006 – 2010: Research to develop wheat plants in the program. VI. Development programs and projects calling for investment in industrial development. 1. Factory of producing industrial salt in Ninh Diem, Ninh Hoa, capacity of 50,000 – 200,000 tons per year. 2. Factory of producing and assembling engines, tools machine, components and spare parts. 3. Factory of producing toys. 4. Factory of producing high quality glass. 5. Factory of producing medical materials.
6. Factory of producing textile and garment accessories. 7. Factory of producing used Nix seed from waste of Hyundai – Vinashin ship factory in Ninh Thuy industrial zone. 8. Factory of producing consumption metals . 9. Factory of producing industrial alcohol, foostuff alcohol. 10. Factory of processing aquatic products. 11. Workshop of manufacturing equipment by composite materials to serve newly shipbuilding and repairing. 12. Factory of producing microorganism fertilizer and biological products, capacity of 350 -400 tons per day. 13. Factory of processing cattle, poultry meat. 14. Factory of producing artificial wood. 15. Factory of sawing, manufacturing products from granite. 16. International container transshipment port. 17. Factory of producing components and assembling computers. 18. Factory of producing equipment and assembling electronic products. 19. Factory of producing athletic , sports equipment and tools 20. Factory of producing stationery and shool tools. 21. Factory of assembling light trucks for agriculture production. 22. Calling for investment in a industrial zone of Cam Ranh. * Note: location, size, land area, total amount of investment capital and resource of investment capital of above-mentioned projects will be calculated, –ed and specified in a process of formulation and submission of investment projects, depending on need and ability to balance and mobilize the resources of each period.
Khanh Hoa is known not only for its tourism great potentialities, and sea economic sectors, but also for its relatively high industrial growth rate. Processing industry of aquatic products, shipbuilding, and repairing, tobacco, aquaculture feed, entrepôt services are strongly development advantages, given high export value.
With natural favors of position, landscapes, climate, and human, and historical foundation, Khanh Hoa is determined as one of tourist centers of the country by the National Administration of Tourism. The annually number of tourist arrivals coming to Khanh Hoa province is up to 600,000 of which the quantity of foreign tourists is 200,000. The annually average growth rate is 15%
Khanh Hoa possesses many tourism spots, and landscapes. Nha Trang bay is one of the 29 world most beautiful bays together with many big, and small islets along the length of the seashore. Eco-tours in combination with trade village tours are also an advantage of Khanh Hoa.
Khanh Hoa’s coastal line is 385 km length (counting from the water edge), stretching from Varella cape to the end of Cam Ranh Bay with many small bays, lagoons, hundreds of islets, and 100 km white sandbank. Possessing the advantage of a system of islets, mountain ranges, bays, and seashores, Khanh Hoa is able to develop many attractive tourist types such as islets, and sea eco-tours in combination with eco-forest tours, holiday tours, hunting, swimming, diving, sea bathing, mountain climbing, etc. Two of the most significant tourism destinations of Khanh Hoa province are Van Phong bay, and Hon Gom islet. It is a tropical tourism complex with a nice beach, and being one of the most beautiful sea landscapes in Asia, and the Far East region. Particularly, Hon Mun sea preservation zone covers an area of 160 sq.km of which islets has an area of 38 sq.km, and water territories surrounding islets have an area of 122 sq.km. Possessing sea coral chains, a rich, and diversified sea creatures system, and beautiful landscapes, Hon Mun is the first, and the unique sea preservation in Viet Nam.
Khanh Hoa also possesses many tourism destinations such as Mieu temple, Cham tower, Long Son pagoda, Bao Dai Palace, Chuong stone, Yen stone, Ba Ho River, Let slope, Yersin relic in Ba stone, Duc My hot spring, high grade resort, Rusalca golf yard in Tien bank, Bai Dai – Cam Ranh tourism zone, etc.
In 2003, Nha Trang city-the provincial capital of Khanh Hoa province, which is 439 km north of Ho Chi Minh city, 215 km northeast of Da Lat city, and 521 km south of Da Nang city, was recognized as the 29th member of the world most beautiful bays club. Located next to the nice, and poetic seaside, facing to the sea, leaning on mountains, possessing 19 big, and small islets that are scattered, acting as a firm bastion to protect the city, Nha Trang is considered as “A nice, and fresh flower basket on the East China sea”. Being a masterpiece of the nature, Nha Trang has cool climate throughout the year, and modern infrastructure. Therefore, Nha Trung has been an attractive sea, eco-tourism spot that has drawn lots of attention from tourist. It has also been a tourism economy, and culture center of the province. Nha Trang has nice beaches with 7 km length, and white sand banks from Nha Phu lagoon, to Luong Son, Tien bank, Da Bridge, and Lo River. Possessing hotels system, and the available infrastructure which is going to be renovated, and newly constructed, Nha Trang city in particular, and Khanh Hoa province in general, have advantage for developing tourism especially sea-eco tours. In coming times, together with the cities of Da Lat, Vung Tau, and Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang will form the most prospective tourism quadrangle of Viet nam.
According to Khanh Hoa tourism development program, 2006-2010, general orientation of tourism sector will be as follows:
Tourism will become the key economic sector, actively contributing in the province’s sustainable development, maintaining the average growth rate of 16%/year.
Tourism revenue will achieve VND 1,300 billions, and VND 3,000 billion in 2010, and 2015 respectively. Tourist arrivals will reach 1.4-1.5 million of which the number of foreign tourists will be 500,000 in 2010. By 2015, tourist arrivals is expected to obtain 2.3 million of which the quantity of foreign tourists will be 880,000. The rate between number of tourist and stay days will be 2.5 days for foreign tourists, and 2 days for domestic tourists. Total quantity of rooms will reach 8,500, and 11,300 by 2010, 2015 respectively.
One special session of Khanh Hoa tourism development program, 2006-2010, is the orientation for organizing tourism space with tourism urban areas, key tourism zones, key tourism routes, etc, and developing tourism products consistently, and comprehensively. Total capital for implementing the planning works is estimated to be VND 550 million from government revenue.
Investment in construction of infrastructure in tourism zones is also one of key duties. It is estimated that in period 2006-2010, the province needs VND 1,350 billion from government budget for this duty. Some key projects are to newly construct Cai River tourism quay, and 2 tourism quays for visiting Nha Trang bay with predicted capital of about VND 90 billion, building pubic hygiene rooms around Nha Trang beach, and other tourism spots in the city, upgrading, extending road leading to Yang Bay – Hocho (Khanh Vinh district) park with total investment captial of VND 22 billion, and constructing northern Cam Ranh peninsular tourism zone with total investment capital of VND 500 billion.
Khanh Hoa has rich, and diversified fisheries resources with many rare, and precious aquatic products that can be exploited, and processed for export with big quantity.
Running through the province is Pacific Ocean north-south sea current. Khanh Hoa sea has great aquaculture potentiality. Seafood such as common tiger prawn, lobster, mackerel, crab, cuttlefish, etc are of big reserves. Particularly, savalanganes nest is a typical, rare, and precious specialty, which is considered as white gold, giving high export value. The aquaculture area covers about 7,500 ha. The annual fisheries output achieves 85,000 tons. Khanh Hoa province has not only convenient nature conditions, but also has a professional team of researchers, and institutes such as Nha Trang Institute of Oceanography, university of fisheries, and good infrastructure as well. In order to develop shrimp races, the Ministry of Fisheries established III Fisheries Researches Institute. A concentrated shrimp races breeding zone has been set tup for the country’s provision.
Water carriers industry of Khan Hoa province has been developing strongly. Nowadays, Khanh Hoa has 2 shipyards. Hyundai Vinashin is the biggest shipyard of the South-east Asia. It is able to build, and repair water carriers with tonnage of 400,000 tons, and big petroleum drilling platforms.
Besides, the establishment of Cam Ranh shipyard invested by Vinashin Business Group has marked a gigantic progress in shipbuilding industry in Khanh Hoa province. Additionally, the establishment of many small, and medium sized shipyards to build inshore, and domestic sea-going vessels in service of tourism, and sport has confirmed the capability of shipbuilding industry in Khanh Hoa.
Khanh Hoa has 6 seaports of which 3 ones can accommodate ships with tonnage of 10,000-30,000 tons.
Situated in the southern pole of Khanh Hoa province, in the area of Cam Ranh town, Cam Ranh bay has been considered as one of 3 seaports that possess the world best natural conditions. It has 3 basically elements that are the width, the dept, and well protected. It is also in rarely affected by storms. Cam Ranh bay has 2 entrance gates. The big gate is in the south with 3.5 km width, while the small one is in the north with 250 meters width. The bay is 60 km width, 20 km length, and 12-15 km dept. The area of surface water is around 100 sq.km. It can accommodate hundreds of boats with tonnage of 100,000 tons at the same time. Besides, the bay is very closed to international water territories. It takes 1 hour from the bay to international water territories, 3 hours to Vung Tau port, and 8 hours to Hai Phong port by waterways.
Being 14 km of international water territories, closed to the crossroads of international navigation routes, situated in the North of the province, Van Phong bay coves an area of 41,000 ha of water surface at the dept of 20-30 km. It is relatively airtight, safe, and secure. Being convenient for transportation by road, railways, and airways, Van Phong international containers entrepôt is able to compete with other regional entrepôts in Singapore, Hong Kong, Kaohsiung, and so on. The development potentiality of Van Phong entrepôt can achieve 17.5-17.8 million TEU/year. Van Phong bay is not only an international container entrepôt, but also a important oil entrepôt, bringing great economic values. It carried out 20 trips with 1.6 millions, contributed VND 1,012,290 billion of import tax, and VAT fee into the government revenues. Each trip can earn VN D 60-80 billion.
So far, the planning works of construction of international entrepôts system in Hon Gom peninsula – Van Phong bay have been approved by the Prime Minister. The project is calling for investment, mobilizing all resources. The container enterpôts zone is located closest to the international navigation route. It is the best place for avoiding storms of international water carriers. It also has the widest narrow passages, and the best dept of Viet Nam (15-20 meters depth).
- Garment & textile
Khanh Hoa has 10 garment and textile companies with cotton yard weaving capacity of 12,000 tons/year, fabric weaving capacity of 10 million meters/year, and knitting capacity of 3,000 tons/year. The province also possesses over 30 garment production lines with capacity of 10 million products/year. Zipper production line has capacity of 20 million products/year. With these basically elements, Khanh Hoa hopes to become a garment – textile – fabric center of the southern central.
Major export products:
Garment & textile
The average growth rate of garment, and textile sectors increases by 20-30%/year. Export turnover achieved US$ 17 million in 2005 in the markets of Taiwan, Japan, Holland, France, and so on.
The export turnover obtained US$ 18.5 million, and over US$ 12 million in 2004, and 2005 respectively. Major export products are dry cassava slices, cashew nut, lotus seed, caltrops, etc. Major export market are United States, Singapore, Japan, and Taiwan, etc.
Handicrafts are one of important export commodities of the province with steady growth rates over the past years. The growth rate has attained 235 in the 3 past years. Export turnover reached US$ 19.2 million in 2004, and US$ 22.3 million in 2005. Millions of products diversify in forms, and kinds such as tables, chairs, wardrobes, sofa, baskets, decoration lamp, etc made from local materials like bamboo, rattan, wood. The province’s handicrafts have been exported to almost 40 countries throughout the world. 90% out of total value of export turnover are from European countries.